THINKTREE (UK) ACCELERATED INTERNATIONAL MASSAGE DIPLOMA – LEVEL 3 (ANGUILLA) ON HOLD
This course and qualification is a great way of consolidating existing knowledge via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), updating your industry skills and contributing towards your professional development. It is also one of the most practical steps you can take towards working or gaining a promotion or better-paid position.
This course is an accelerated massage course made up of two parts – 50% on-line and 50% classroom-based.
- On-line units will cover: Anatomy & Physiology; Health & Safety; Business – with on-line exam after completion
- The classroom will cover: Theory & Practical of Massage – with theory and practical examination after completion
Suitable for beginners or persons wanting to become certified. It is a practical and knowledge-based qualification, with the objective at equipping persons with skills required for work in salons, day spas hotel industry and cruise ships.
- Ability to follow instructions
- Good level of literacy & numeracy
- Open to all regardless of gender – age 18+
- Short fingernails and no nail polish (mandatory)
Online: 50% of this course is carried out on-line. And is structured around a timeline 2-3months studying in order for students to benefit from the advantage and flexibility of the program
- On the completion of each session topic, an online test must be taken and passed in order to move to the next stage.
- On completion of each unit an online test to be taken in order to gain your certificate
- Unit A & P has a single written assignment to be submitted after which you will be given your certification if successful
- Health & Safety & Business Unit have a separate online test in order to gain your certificate
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments can take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. Online learning like any form of learning demands consistency and commitment in order to gain the most benefit
Classroom-based learning: 50% is carried out within a classroom. And is structured around a timeline in order for students to benefit from the intense practicality of the program. (96hrs)
- A written and practical test has to be completed in order to gain your Diploma
- Effects, Benefits, Indications, and Contraindications of Massage
- Consultation process and communication
- Provide Body Massage
- Client Care and Draping
- Massage classification
- Body Mechanics
- Applying massage techniques, movement and styles
- Therapist Self Care
- Client Care
- How to evaluate client treatment including reflective practice
- Three massage case studies including reflective practice
- Three internal massage assessments
- One written (1000 words) assignment on the History and Benefits of Massage.
- Continuous in-class assessments using MCQs oral & written
- CPR/First Aid Certificate course must be completed
What to wear
White tops with black /navy bottoms or all white, soft shoes
Health and Safety: Mandatory
- CPR/First Aid Course Certificate
- No long nails or nail polish
2 bath sheets, 3 hand towels, 1 single white sheet, A4 folder, note pads, pens, wet wipes, hand sanitation gel, black apron, bolster, almond or grapeseed oil.